Ray Greene + special guest Dennis Rollins [Soul/R&B]
Ray Greene + special guest Dennis Rollins
“Soul at it’s best” – Jazzthetik
“Having brother Ray Greene in the band brings us all to the spirit of church and the streets, ever so soulful and heartfelt. We love and cherish him” – Carlos Santana
Ray Greene is a singer, producer and multi-instrumentalist living in Columbia, South Carolina. He received a degree in Music Performance from the world-renowned Berklee College of Music.
Being brought up in the shadows of the great Soul/R&B legends of our time, Ray is equally adept at the traditions of Gospel, Jazz and Blues. He has performed and recorded with many of the most successful and influential names in the fields of Pop, Funk and Soul; most notably Aretha Franklin, Natalie Cole, the Isley Brothers and Rick James, to name a few.
Ray was selected from among several candidates around the country to serve as lead singer/trombonist for the legendary Soul band Tower of Power, where he served for two years traveling throughout the US and Canada, as well as performances in Europe and Japan. He was then asked to join famed guitarist and Woodstock performer Carlos Santana, who currently travels extensively to places all over the world; from Dubai, Singapore, and Australia, to Monaco, Mexico, and South Africa.
Greene has written and produced several recordings of his own music. Along with his band Universal Language, he received a Boston Music Award for their music entitled “One People.” His album titled “All About Me/All About You” was released in the UK and received rave reviews. His first-ever Gospel recording, “Songs of Hope, Inspiration and Joy”, was met with commercial and critical success. He released a follow-up recording of Gospel-inspired material titled “Heaven Bound”, which features soul-stirring renditions of “His Eye Is On The Sparrow”, “Last Mile Of The Way”, and “Must Jesus Bear The Cross Alone.”
Greene has most recently signed a licensing and recording deal with Ubuntu Records in the UK. His recording entitled “Stay”, was released in Spring 2023, which features songs he wrote and produced specifically for the styles of Soul/R&B music. He will embark on his first-ever solo tour to Europe to support the release of the recording.
“Ray Greene in Tower of Power as lead vocalist and trombone player extraordinaire was a blessing and a delight. He’s a talent to be reckoned with, and his million-dollar smile and irresistible personality are winning people over worldwide!!! Ray will always be a member of the ToP Family, and I strongly urge you to check out this recording.” Emilio Castillo – Bandleader for Tower of Power.
Ticket and Venue information:
SEATED TICKET HOLDERS
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that seated ticket holders will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements. Please email email@example.com
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view seating plans for:
the Twilight show here
the Highlight show here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor