[jazz] Brandon Allen’s ‘Stanley Turrentine Project’
Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Special offers (online only) on our set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval
View Full Menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
View Seating Plan
Brandon Allen’s ‘Stanley Turrentine Project’
“Brandon Allen is arguably the most exciting tenor player in Britain today. His phrasing is unashamedly emotional, soaked in the blues tradition” – Tony Hall (Jazzwise)
Allen has established himself as one of the UK’s most in demand saxophonists and bandleaders. He has performed extensively throughout the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia, both as a leader and sideman.
Throughout his career he has worked with top international artists including Eric Clapton, Paloma Faith, Kyle Eastwood, Tony Lakatos, Adam Nussbaum, Gary Husband, Stefano Di Battista, US3, The Blockheads and many others.
The ‘Stanley Turrentine Project’ came about because of a deep admiration and respect for the late great saxophonist’s musical approach and output. The repertoire draws from Turrentine’s releases on the Blue Note and CTI labels. In addition, some of Turrentine’s renditions of rock/pop hits of the 60’s and 70’s will be reimagined by Brandon’s exciting new quartet.
Expect soulful saxophone playing accompanied by a hard swinging and funky rhythm section.
“His four-octave range and flawless command of the altissimo register was nicely offset by his full-bodied yet raucous tonal quality offering something for fans of the entire history of the instrument- from Hawkins to Brecker- he’s got em covered.” – London Jazz News
Brandon Allen – tenor saxophone
Will Barry – piano/keys
Joe Downard – bass
Dave Ingamels – drums
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor