SIMAN MUSIC presents: An Intimate Evening with Jarrod Lawson
7:30pm (General Admission)
Performance from 8pm
Seating is reserved for diners only
Please ensure you book the correct ticket
We will be serving our Skylight Express Menu at this event – click here to view menu
An Intimate Evening with Jarrod Lawson
“Absolutely top quality soul music…. Really is outstanding” – Gilles Peterson, BBC 6 Music
Formerly held close as one of the Pacific Northwest’s best-kept musical secrets, Jarrod Lawson has exploded as an international sensation, garnering awards, performing at prestigious venues, and spawning fresh notability for Portland’s burgeoning soul/jazz music scene.
Ever since Lawson released his eponymous debut album in 2014, the smokey-voiced singer-songwriter and virtuoso pianist has been sending positive ripples around the globe with his powerful message music. He has completed six successful international tours with prestigious highlights extending from Rotterdam’s North Sea Jazz and the UK’s Love Supreme festivals to the Java Jazz festival in Indonesia, with performances in Beijing, Melbourne, and at Tokyo’s Billboard Live.
His very first overseas performance was at the world-famous Ronnie Scott’s Club in London in 2014, following which the Jazzwise reviewer wrote: “With the deafening buzz surrounding this gig Lawson has to show and prove, and he does so and then some, pretty much from the downbeat”
Described by the London Evening Standard as “the blue-eyed soul boy of jazz”, Lawson followed his debut album with a limited edition vinyl EP “Jarrod Lawson At The BBC”, recorded at London’s historic BBC Maida Vale studios and broadcast on the Gilles Peterson Worldwide Show.
Lawson won Soul Artist Of The Year at the Jazz FM Awards and has been dubbed “the hottest talent to hit soul music in at least ten years” by Echoes magazine.
“Jarrod Lawson delivers a masterpiece…his musicianship and attention to melody – along with his killer vocals – recall many of the all time soul music greats” – SOUL TRACKS
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that those with Dining tickets will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor