Sunday Afternoon Jazz | The Music of ‘Saxophone Colossus’: Sonny Rollins
Kick back & relax with our Sunday afternoon jazz & meze sessions…
Dining from 12pm
Performance 1-3pm (with interval)
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
View Seating Plan
The Music of ‘Saxophone Colossus’: Sonny Rollins
Peggy’s House Trio presents an afternoon celebrating the music of one of the most influential jazz saxophonists; Sonny Rollins, in particular his seminal album Saxophone Colossus (1956).
Sonny Rollins, an American tenor saxophonist and composer whose eight-decade career has led him from Harlem to the White House and all over the world, and who is considered one of the most influential musicians in jazz.
Joining the trio is Leeds based tenor saxophonist Eliot Richards.
Expect to hear classics from this breakthrough album including ‘St Thomas’ & ‘Mack The Knife’ as well as other well known and rare material composed by Sonny Rollins
Eliot Richards – tenor sax
Paul Deats – piano
Simon Paterson – bass
Andrew Woody Wood – drums
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor