[new generation jazz] Tenderlonious presents Ruby Rushton
Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Special offers (online only) on our set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval
View Full Menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
View Seating Plan
Tenderlonious presents Ruby Rushton
“If ever proof was needed that the London jazz scene is on fire right now – here it is!” – Evening Standard
“Vibrant, flawlessly executed and totally joyous throughout; it’s hard to ask for more” The Quietus
“Absolutely mind blowing” – Gilles Peterson
22a label boss, flautist, saxophonist, producer and DJ, Ed ‘Tenderlonious’ Cawthorne is regarded as one of the leading figures in the UK jazz and underground music scene. His record label, 22a, is one of the most respected independent labels in the UK following a succession of sought after, sold out releases spanning jazz, house, hip hop, soul and Indian classical since the labels inception in 2013.
Tenderlonious has proven himself to be one of the most versatile and uninhibited artists in music today, blending genres and multi-instrumentation with style and ease. Whether it be jazz fusion with his band Ruby Rushton, Hindustani classical with Pakistani quartet Jaubi or deep house, electro funk and ambient electronica in his solo studio productions, he has accumulated a back catalogue of releases and collaborations that unveil a musician who is continuously striving to evolve and push the boundaries of sound.
In 2020 he released four EP’s, two 7” singles with his band Ruby Rushton and two full albums including “Ragas from Lahore” that was featured in The Guardian’s best global albums of 2020. The band have forged an instantly recognisable sound since their debut release ‘Two For Joy’ back in 2015, hitting the sweet spot by simultaneously sounding classic and forward-thinking.
The EP is fronted by virtuosic flute from bandleader ‘Tenderlonious’ and soulful trumpet by Nick Walters, who combine with tight catchy leads and fierce solo work. Aidan Shepherd underpins the operation with slick synth and key work whilst Tim Carnegie delivers a suite of tight knit drum breaks.
“’Sun Khosi’ is an absolute inspiration, an afrobeat tinged jazz stepper that exudes life, optimism, and purpose” – Clash
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor