Sunday Mezinee with Wendy Kirkland
Sunday 26th May 2019
12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Performance 1-3pm
- Serving Brunch Menu
- Serving Middle Eastern Meze Menu
“Proper jazz piano, excellent band ****....” - Dave Gelly, The Observer
“Mellow and stylish” - Clive Davis, The Sunday Times
“A bright and auspicious debut. She swings, is confident and has an engaging delivery, what’s not to like?” - John Martin, Jazz Rag
“A refreshing tribute to pianist singers like herself: Diana Krall, Nina Simone, Eliane Elias” –Jazzwise Magazine
Wendy Kirkland is the product of an incredibly musical family who is largely self taught; well, at least for jazz! Her voice has attracted comments such as “lucid warmth” (The JazzMann) and “vocal acrobatics” (Bebop Spoken Here). She has been a regular on the UK jazz circuit since 2002 and has been praised highly by fellow musicians Jim Mullen, Alan Barnes and Roger Beaujolais for her innate musicianship.
Her voice has been compared to Blossom Dearie and Diana Krall and her pianistic style, with complex harmonic voicings, has been described as a happy marriage of Wynton Kelly and Eliane Elias.
Pat Sprakes – guitar
Pat cut his jazz teeth with Tony Kofi, Darius Brubeck and has performed for Robben Ford. As a guitarist, his biggest influences are Wes Montgomery and George Benson, and he has a great love of latin rhythms. He is an excellent accompanist as well as a clear and melodic soloist.
Paul Jefferies – double bass
A hugely entertaining player with an inventive, lyrical approach he is well known for his superb sense of time and rhythmic playing. He can be seen all around the UK performing with an array of ensembles and luminaries including Tommaso Starace, Tina May, Nicolas Meier and Art Themen: he’s a member of GYPSY FIRE, the Frank Hockney Project, the Ben Holder Quartet/Quintet and his own chord-less trio, TANTRUM.
Jon Richmond - drums
Sunday Mezinee with Wendy Kirkland
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance