Sunday Mezinee | Mellow Baku
Sunday 22nd December 2019
1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Seated dining from 12pm
- Performance starts at 1pm
- Serving Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze
Equally at ease with earthy blues, toe-tapping swing, head-nodding grooves or delicate ballads, Mellow Baku has performed throughout the UK and internationally, in venues including London Southbank, North Sea Jazz Festival and the Knitting Factory in New York.
‘Mellow has her own sound…No matter what the tempo is, medium fast or slow, she’s always swinging’ – Marcel Joly, Jazz Gazette Belgium
Mellow has toured alongside pianist Zoe Rahman with Soothsayers, had her music played on BBC Radio 2 and supported US acts Fertile Ground, Eric Roberson and UK /international saxophonists YolanDa Brown and Courtney Pine. She’s featured with Nottingham Jazz Orchestra among many ensembles, performing in UK jazz festivals from Keswick to Upton, Birmingham to Bude.
‘That velvety, molten voice seemed to literally bring a surge of heat into the auditorium. Unforgettable’ – Dr Nima Poovaya-Smith, Alchemy
With sublimely soulful vocals, heartfelt delivery and distinctive style, Mellow Baku and her trio of accomplished musicians perform popular Jazz standards, with fresh takes on known classics.
‘A new voice in British music, with an original blend... Superb voice, brilliant music, a must for all’ – Courtney Pine OBE
Mellow will be joined by Peggy's own pianist, Paul Deats
Sunday Mezinee | Mellow Baku
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance