Sunday Mezinee | Andy Aitchison
Sunday 1st December 2019
1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Seated dining from 12pm
- Performance starts at 1pm
- Serving Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze
Audiences at Peggy's have been introduced to his extrordinary talents when featured on violin with Gypsy Jazz favourites, "Djanco"- we're very pleased to welcome him back for something a little different for a Sunday afternoon...
Andy started playing violin in cafes around the age of 14 – based in London from 1980 with a couple of years in Amsterdam and then moved to rural Lincolnshire in 2002.
He toured hot club music all over the UK and as sideman for years performing with John Etheridge, Tina May, Le Jazz, Lollo Meier, Fapy Lafertin, Angelo Debarre and many more.
The influences of Artie Shaw and Stephane Grappelli can be heard in Andy's playing – their unparalleled sense of swing, technical excellence and stylish arrangements are always an inspiration.
Praise for Andy’s album ‘You Ain’t Never’ (2012)
The Strad - "Blues-style music-making from a violin-led jazz quartet" "an assured debut"
CDBaby - "There can be little doubt that this band and the release of it’s first album will firmly establish Andy Aitchison up there alongside the leading swing jazz violinists of all time."
Andy will be joined for this session by Paul Deats on piano.Back to all events
Sunday Mezinee | Andy Aitchison
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance