Sunday Jazz & Meze with Hugh Pascall Quartet
Sunday 6th October 2019
5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Seated dining from 5pm
- Concert starts at 6pm
- Serving Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze
Hugh Pascall is an award-winning trumpet player and composer. He studied at the Royal Academy of Music in London and at the Paris Conservatoire and has since developed a worldwide recording and performance career.
With far-reaching influences from bebop to electronica, his sound is characterised by bold creativity of harmony and language, a rich tone and a melodic line. Exploring the music of post-bop inspirations such as Freddie Hubbard, Woody Shaw and Tom Harrell, alongside his own compositions and interpretations of tunes in the classic jazz tradition, Hugh brings an energetic quartet of star musicians from the UK jazz scene to Peggy’s each month, continuing his unique residency at the club, established in December 2018.
His eclectic career has included work with a huge variety of artists. He is currently performing with New York’s The Last Poets, has recently collaborated with Max Cooper and recorded for Jodie Abacus and Easy Life. He’s featured as a soloist on two albums for The Birmingham Jazz Orchestra, recorded and toured with Dave Ferris’ 2018 septet album Alphabets and has featured in the trumpet section of the E17 Large Ensemble for the last 7 years, while regularly performing at festivals and venues across the country as a sideman for numerous projects.
To celebrate the move to the Sunday night session at the club, this month Hugh brings a quintet to include saxophone on the front-line for this special event. Expect burning, free-wheeling blowing backed up by this world-class rhythm section.
To get yourself a discount on food, drink and tickets to Hugh’s gigs at the club, join his mailing list by clicking here
“An outstanding soloist” – London Jazz News
“Exemplary hard bop” – Jazz Journal
“The most beautiful, elegant and melodic delivery” – London Jazz News
“Fluent, lyrical solos that unfold gradually and gracefully” – The Jazzmann
Back to all events
Sunday Jazz & Meze with Hugh Pascall Quartet
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance