Soundin' Off | Midlands World Music Consortium Presents...
Wednesday 25th September 2019
7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for table bookings
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
MIDLANDS WORLD MUSIC CONSORTIUM PRESENTS
- No advance tickets
- Entry tickets: £5 for members; £7 for non members.
- Pay £10 for the annual membership of Midlands World Music Consortium and have a FREE entry to this event.
Supported by Kallaboration, MUHA, Peggy's Skylight, Arts Council England.
MWMC FB group :https://www.facebook.com/groups/619076728553409/
Eleanor Turner - Harp
Mendi Singh - Tabla & Percussion
Tāla Tarang embody a special chemistry, through a subtle yin-yang of two halves creating a whole. Their repertoire includes original music, folk tunes, classic pop, Bollywood, Western Classical and World music; it is a truly unique sound experience.
Tāla Tarang, which means Rhythm Waves, is aptly named as it sums up everything about this duo and their music as each performance takes both audience and the artists on a journey; like the oscillations of a wave.
Mendi Singh, one of the UK's most celebrated tabla specialists today has collaborated with artists such as Pundit Shalil Shankar, Peter Gabriel, Take That, Akram Khan, Courtney Pine. He has performed in venues such as Gandhi stadium - India 2001, Womad festival 2010, O2 arena - London 2017, Symphony Hall - Birmingham 2018 to name a few. In 2015 he composed the world's first Tabla Tarang Concerto.
Eleanor Turner is a harpist and composer whose passionate performances have brought her worldwide acclaim. Eleanor creates unique shows for herself and her ensemble, performing at venues such as Amsterdam's Muziekgebouw aan't IJ, Berlin's Kammermusiksaal at the Philharmonie and Shanghai's Conservatory of Music. She is a member of contemporary folk band Ranagri and is Head of Harp at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. Eleanor's "endless energy, mesmerising talent and unswerving commitment" (Julian Bigg, conductor) have ensured a diverse career with travels, fun and friendships made along the way.
João Roque - acoustic guitar
Rob Rosa- violin
Paul Quadros- bass
Robert Coates- acoustic guitar
Fado Vadio are a Nottingham based fusion band playing songs with influences of Portuguese traditional music and lots of features from Rock, Funk, Reggae, Blues and traditional music from other countries.
Lyrics alternate between English and Portuguese. Though every song has a story, they place emphasis on vocal melody and rhythm rather than lexical coherence, so many of our verses are non-verbal to complement the instrumentation.
Ticket(s) for this event are purchased off-site.
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance