Soundin' Off | Cus Cus Flamenco
Wednesday 13th November 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Free Entry from 10pm
Back by popular demand- their previous performance at Peggy's in April sold out weeks ahead- book now to avoid disappointment!
In the same way that the blend of couscous spices surround us with its exotic fragrance and exquisite flavour, CusCus-Flamenco´s music fills us with enchantment and mystery, sentiment and spirit. The profundity of the flamenco singing and Arab-Andalusian lyrical poetry in their purest form, accompanied by the beauty and passion of flamenco dance makes for an unforgettable and unique experience. CusCus Flamenco is a cultural encounter where art flows in its maximum capacity, bringing out the best of each tradition through a musical language that has neither barriers nor frontiers.
CusCus Flamenco is led by singer/violinist Hamid Ajbar, originally from Morocco, but based in Spain for over twenty years. He grew up in a musical environment in his hometown of Chefchaouen, which boasts a direct legacy of Andalusian music, transmitted through generations ever since the expulsion of the Muslims from Spain. He studied both Andalusian and Arab singing for over ten years, and has won several prizes on a national level in Morocco for his singing. He has collaborated with some of the greatest flamenco artists including the late Paco de Lucia, Carmen Linares, Jose Merce, and El Lebrijano. He has taken part in several festivals in Mexico, Switzerland, Portugal, Algeria, Morocco, Italy, Tunisia and Spain, and is currently planning a UK tour for next year.
Alberto Funes is a flamenco singer from Granada who was one of the first to graduate in the Cristobal de Morales Conservatory of Seville under the modality of flamenco song. He continued his studies with El Pele, Paco Taranto, Marina Heredia and Calixto Sanchez, amongst others, and has taken part in many festivals and events worldwide, including the Flamencura Festival in Moscow, the Biennale in the Netherlands with "A Palo Seco" by Sara Cano, the Biennale in Rome, the International de la Musique Andalouse Almonastir (Tunisia) and others.
Irene La Serranilla was born in Madrid. From a young age she studied flamenco dance, and continued her studies in Granada and Seville, where she learnt from some of the best masters, including Juan Amaya, La Farruca, Patricia Guerrero, La Moneta and Manuel Liñan. She has been dancing in the best tablaos in Madrid and Granada for over eight years. Her style of dancing is both traditional and expressive, and she teaches flamenco dance in her own school in the traditional Albaycin quarter of Granada, placing the main focus of her classes on the comprehension of the language of flamenco as an art form, and also the pleasure of dancing.
CusCus Flamenco includes musicians from both cultures, including flamenco guitar (Lolo de la Encarna), violin (Fathi Ben Yakoub) percussion (Mouhssine Koraichi) qanun (Aziz Samsaoui) and flamenco dance. Dancers that have collaborated/are collaborating with CusCus Flamenco include Irene La Serranilla, Cristina Aguilera, Irene Rueda, Kika Quesada, and Eva Manzano.
Tickets sold out online
Limited walk-in tickets available in-venue on a first come, first served basis.
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance