Soundin' Off | Chai 6ix
Wednesday 4th December 2019
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
After their fabulous set here at Peggy's Skylight in July, we're very pleased to welcome back...
Chai 6ix (pronounced Kai six) are a six piece Nottingham based band that fuse funk, jazz, soul and blues. The band is fronted by Chai Larden, traditionally a neo-soul singer, who has worked together with her fellow band members to create melodies and rhythms that are simultaneously familiar and unique. Drawing from elements from each of their different musical backgrounds, Chai 6ix have created something that pleases the eyes and ears, and begs to be danced to.
The band formed in summer 2018 and they have been writing, performing and perfecting their music ever since. They have been making waves on the Nottingham music scene and have begun to gather attention nationally.
Chai Larden is accompanied by vocalist and guitarist Ben Hibbert, lead guitarist Dave Parker, Bassist Steve Philips, drummer Sabzero and Harry Machin on the keys.
In the short time that they have been together, they have been played on BBC radio, played headline sets, and performed at Nottingham’s most prestigious venues, including Rock City and Metronome. They will be playing a number of festivals over the summer as well as releasing their first EP.
Chai 6ix are high energy performers that enjoy being on stage just as much as the people who are watching them. They engage with each other on stage in a way that feels intimate whilst at the same time involving the whole crowd. A band that are comfortable performing to a small group of people or on a main stage at a festival, seeing Chai 6ix is an experience that will impress any music lover.Back to all events
Soundin' Off | Chai 6ix
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance