Soundin' Off | Anoushka Lucas
Wednesday 6th November 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Free Entry from 10pm
"An exceptional voice and a great songwriter" Jamie Cullum
Influenced by the sounds and writing of Carole King, Zadie Smith, Amy Winehouse and Billie Holiday, Anoushka Lucas has been described as “an exceptional voice and a great songwriter” by Jamie Cullum.
Her debut album, Dark Soul, was produced by the renowned Martin Terefe (Jamie Cullum, KT Tunstall, Martha Wainwright). Martin was so impressed by Anoushka's voice and her songs that he suggested they record them live at his Kensaltown Studios, adding the talents of Glen Scott on keyboards and Karl Brazil on drums into the mix. The album combines elements of classic soul and jazz to create a sound that is truly Anoushka’s but echoing the likes of Norah Jones or Laura Mvula.
Born and raised in West London to a teacher and decorator of English, French, Cameroonian and Indian descent, Anoushka Lucas has always had a flair for performing. Having studied at the French Lycee, Lucas excelled in piano, ballet and languages before going on to study Russian and Italian at Oxford University.
Lucas’ international upbringing has stood her in great stead, heavily influencing her composing and songwriting. Unashamedly autobiographical, she manages to combine an honesty in her music with a sensitive warmth, touching on themes of love, sex and loss.
To date Anoushka has sold out headline shows at the Bush Hall London and PizzaExpress Dean Street, played the Love Supreme Festival and has supported Tom Odell for Brits Week 2019.
Soundin' Off | Anoushka Lucas
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance