Sambossa [Bossa Nova / Latin / Samba]
Twilight: performance 6-7pm
Doors at 5pm, please vacate by 7:20pm
View Skylight Express menu
Highlight: performance 8:30-10:30pm
Doors at 7:30pm,
Two sets of music with an interval
View Full menu
View Seating Plan
Sambossa are a unique UK based Brazilian music quartet that presents all the sounds & rhythms of Brazil in a small band format. Compact but very powerful, with music ranging from sultry Bossa Nova & grooving Latin to blistering samba
Carolina Lelis from Sao Paulo on vocals, whose amazingly beautiful voice, captivating energy & sensational stage presence brings a new dimension to the band. Born into a family of musicians she also has a degree in acting, has recorded her own albums and in 2018 participated in The Voice Brazil.
Paul Rumbol from London. Band leader, guitarist and composer. Paul has immersed himself in World & Brazilian culture from an early age and has been collaborating with the most talented Brazilian performers for more than 25 years. He also plays the cavaquinho (small Brazilian guitar) & sings. Paul utilises a unique guitar that enables him to play the guitar & bass at the same time.
Marius Rodrigues from the state of Rio Grande do Sul in the south of Brazil. Marius is now based in London, with over 30 years of experience. He has played in many festivals across Brazil, the UK, and Europe, including the Berlin Jazz Festival, London Jazz Festival, and We Out Here Festival. He studied under renowned Brazilian drummer Kiko Freitas, refining his technical expertise in all genres of music.
Andrew Woolf London born saxophone and clarinet player who is at home in a variety of musical settings, including Brazilian music, modern jazz, experimental improvisation and more. He is a member of the award-winning Alvorada, the UK’s leading exponents of choro music, and in 2021 released his own jazz album ‘Song Unsung’.
Ticket and Venue information:
- Twilight / Highlight Show (main seating area) – You can request to be seated in ‘Billie’ (front of stage), ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Mingus’ (near piano) or ‘Duke’ (side wall) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats
- Twilight / Highlight Show (Ella/Satchmo seating area) – you can request to be seated in ‘Ella’ (by the fireplace) or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows). Please note, a few of these seats have a restricted view
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- If you are hoping to combine bookings or join an existing booking then please let us know in advance as we cannot guarantee that changes to our table plan will be possible on the night
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor