Root Down! with WorldService Project
Friday 6th September 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance starts at 8pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors - Free Entry from 10pm
Winners of the Peter Whittingham Jazz Award, and nominated for ‘Young European Jazz Artist’ WorldService Project are the leading specialists of Brit ‘punk-jazz’, two of the most alarming genre titles in the history of 20th Century music. Combined, they create an intriguing mix of Frank Zappa, Weather Report, Meshuggah and Stravinsky – all spiralling around in a Monty Python universe.
Having performed hundreds of concerts across 18 countries of the world, WSP have taken their intense live show to some of the world’s most respected festivals, including Tokyo Jazz Festival, Umea Jazz (Sweden), Tampere Jazz Happening (Finland), Ljubljana Jazz Festival (Slovenia), London Jazz Festival (UK), Gateshead International Jazz Festival (UK), Jazz sur son 31 (France), 12 Points Festival (Portugal), Jazz Art Sengawa (Japan) and in addition have toured extensively through Germany, Ireland, Poland, Estonia, France, Ukraine, Italy and Norway.
In 2013, WSP embarked on ‘Music and Miles’, a 35-date tour of the USA, visiting 17 States, and live performances in Chicago, Nashville, New Orleans, Detroit and Philadelphia. 2015/16 saw WSP’s first adventures in Asia, performing 20 concerts in China, including the world-renowned JZ Club in Shanghai and festivals in Shenzhen (OCT-LOFT), Shunde (Freedom Jazz) and Hangzhou (JZ Blooms). Trips to Japan and India followed, performing at the GOA International Jazz Festival, Tokyo Jazz Festival, Jazz Arts Sengawa, Pune Jazz Festival and the Piano Man Jazz Club in Delhi.
2017-19 saw WSP consistently return to wow crowds across France, Germany, Italy, India and China as well as being showcased at Tallinn Music Week (Estonia), and receiving stellar reviews across the world for their fourth album.
The epic and anthemic live sound of WorldService Project is both thrilling and heart-wrenching, with a theatrical live performance thrown in for good measure, as one of Europe’s finest live-acts.
Dave Morecroft keyboards/vocals
Ben Powling saxophone
Arthur O’Hara bass
Luke Reddin-Williams drums
"...like Downton Abbey run by anarchists...a mesmerising combination of brutality and dark humour. The razor-sharp rhythmic edges are polished, the ensemble is painfully slick, and you can smell the rubber burning from their stylistic handbrake turns"- Matthew Wright, Jazzwise – February 2015
‘If you ever wondered what punk rock, blues and jazz would sound like if played at the same time -you only had to make your way to the Bacardi Arena and catch U.K.-based WorldService Project show you how it’s done. The band pushed hard on songs such as “To Lose the Loved” and “Fire In A Pet Shop.” Exuberant trombone parts and spiraling saxophone work by Ben Powling summed up WorldService Project’s emphatic set’ - RollingStoneIndia - December 2018
worldserviceproject.co.uk // @WSProject // “WSP” on Facebook // +44 7976 044278
Root Down! with WorldService Project
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance