Root Down! with Michael Messer's Mitra
Friday 26th July 2019
7:00pm - 12:00am
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Kitchen Serves Middle Eastern Meze Menu until 9:30pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors - Free Entry from 10pm
Michael Messer - Vocals, Slide & Lap Steel Guitar
Manish Pingle - Indian Slide Guitar (Mohan Veena)
Gurdain Singh Rayatt - Tabla
Michael Messer's Mitra is a unique musical trio of blues slide guitar, Hindustani slide guitar, vocals and tabla rhythms.
Mitra (pronounced 'meetra') is a trio comprising British Blues innovator and slide guitarist, Michael Messer, Hindustani slide guitar maestro from India, Manish Pingle, and London-based tabla master, Gurdain Singh Rayatt.
This is more than another meeting of musicians from different cultures, this is a band with a successful album and its own unique sound; an exhilarating and highly accessible fusion of Blues and Hindustani classical music. With vocals, slide guitars and tabla, these three musicians from opposite sides of the globe create a fascinating musical journey, running from the banks of the Mississippi, via London to Mumbai and the Ganges delta.
The album, Call Of The Blues, was released in 2016 and was immediately picked up by the blues, folk and world music media, getting worldwide radio airplay and press coverage in more than 40 countries and hitting #1 in the iTunes blues chart. Since the release of the album Michael Messer's Mitra have done six successful UK tours, including shows at London's Bush Hall, Green Note, Musicport festival, Shambala festival, and many of the UK's leading venues. 2019 and Call Of The Blues is still getting played on radio worldwide, including two BBC appearances in February - a live BBC Radio 2 session on Cerys Matthews Blues Show and airplay on BBC Radio 2 The Folk Show with Mark Radcliffe.
Michael Messer's Mitra - nominated in the 'Best Group of 2017' category in the 'Songlines Music Awards'
Root Down! with Michael Messer's Mitra
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance