Root Down! with Manière des Bohémiens
Friday 27th December 2019
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Kitchen Serves Middle Eastern Meze Menu until 9:30pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors - Free Entry from 10pm
Manière des Bohémiens play improvised Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli influenced Gypsy Jazz and Eastern European swing. They are the most debauched, ecstatic and downright amazing live band you will have seen for a long while. Gypsy jazz played with the jaunty abandon of a misspent youth and a broken heart arranged for 5 virtuoso musicians who travel around playing the violin, guitar, accordion and double bass whilst dipping in and out of Parisian alleyways and absorbing pieces of the colourful lives they meet along the way. They have been entertaining the folks of Nottingham
and far beyond for many years with their infectious blend of improvised, manouche jazz and rough-edged, virtuosic eastern-european gypsy-folk music.
Formed through a mutual love of gathering round warm festival bonfires and improvising, Maniére des Bohémiens spent many hours working together on the distinctive swing sound and many more on learning the melodies and developing them through improvisation.
Manière des Bohémiens' current line-up of
Rob Rosa - Violin,
Roger Rosa & Rob Coates - Guitars
Mark Houlgate - Bass
Manière des Bohémiens have collectively played over 500 shows which has created a tight, energetic sound which has made people get up on their feet up and down the land. They’ve appeared at Boomtown, Bestival, Camp Bestival, Port Eliot Literary Festival and Elderflower Festival, Summer Sundae, Matt & Phreds, Kendal Calling, Limetree, Headstock, Larmer Tree, Towersey Folk and Fire in the Mountain to name a few. They are regularly the headline act at their hometown Nottingham gigs and have also had support slots for Jools Holland, Polar Bear and Quantic. They've been played on 6 music several times and have been included on Tom Robinson's 'best of Introducing' podcast.
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/manieredesb...Back to all events
Root Down! with Manière des Bohémiens
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance