Root Down! with Jeremy Sassoon
Friday 18th October 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance 8 till 10pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Doors open to the public free of charge at 10pm
Jazz singer and pianist Jeremy Sassoon launched his solo career in 2011 as a vocal artist; his distinctive and evocative style encompassing genres of Jazz, Blues and Soul.
He is already being regularly booked into the top jazz venues in London and Europe, including notably The A Trane Jazz Club in Berlin with drummer Michael Kersting (Jaco Pastorius/Bireli Lagrene trio) followed by headline acts at Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club, Soho and The Boisdale Club in Canary Wharf.
He was a featured on the Jazz FM Discovery Show and entertains at London’s exclusive Arts Club in Mayfair. As a keyboard player/MD, he has already appeared at the North Sea Jazz Festival (The Hague), The Jazz Café (Camden) and Phoenix Festival as M.D. for Warner Bros recording artist Dana Bryant, as well as The Iridium Jazz Club (NYC), and several appearances at the Manchester, Wigan, Birmingham, Marsden and Albacete (Spain) Jazz Festivals.
Jeremy’s musical beginnings were rooted in classical music, having been selected as a child for a place at the Royal Northern College of Music Junior School where he studied piano and trumpet for 11 years. At 18, he “rebelled” against the expected musical career by choosing one in medicine, qualifying as a doctor from the Middlesex Hospital Medical School, London, and later going on to complete postgraduate training as a hospital psychiatrist in Manchester.In 1995, Jeremy left medicine to pursue a full time career in music; initially as a trumpeter, then later as a pianist/keyboard player and bandleader. He was offered several high level weekly/monthly jazz residencies at various venues, including both of Manchester’s two premier jazz clubs (The Cinnamon Club, Matt & Phreds).
As a keyboard player, Jeremy always prioritised working with singers, and it was his popular partnership with jazz/gospel singer Paul Bentley that shaped much of his musical output in recent years, culminating in the release of their third album “Bacon or Pastrami?”” in Feb 2010.
When Paul retired from gigging in March 2010, Jeremy decided to front many of the gigs himself. The success of these gigs led him to launch a career as a vocal artist, and the response has been astounding ever since. He combines great music with an entertaining rapport with audiences that never fails to impress
Jeremy calls upon the services of the North West and London’s top musicians to give his band “the sound”.
Root Down! with Jeremy Sassoon
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance