Root Down! with Fat Suit
Friday 4th October 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Limited dining spaces from 7pm (no orders past 7:30pm) keep your seat during performance (ticket price includes £5 deposit redeemable on your food order)
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Kitchen also serves street food wraps until 9:30pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors - Free Entry from 10pm
An exuberant jazz-funk-folk collective hailing from Glasgow, Scotland, Fat-Suit have captured the attention of jazzers, folkies, prog-rockers and ravers alike. The 20-something musicians featured within their vaunted ranks make up the backbone of the current Scottish music scene and include a Young Scottish Jazz Musician Of The Year, a Young Scottish Folk Musician Of The Year and a celebrated Indian Raga Pianist amongst others. They embrace a seamless mix of musical styles, with the priority being to evoke maximum joy through energetic live performance.
The harder you try describe what they do, the further you’re likely to get away from it. We could indulge the musical in-jokes of the myriad players who mash up genres with irritatingly casual virtuosity all day, but in a short space of time they’ve established a musical identity that has a strong and singular personality, for all the numbers that are involved in shaping it. Constantly evolving and mutating, this is a band that is always on the move, with musical ideas to burn.
In 2017 they won ‘Best Band’ and ‘Best Album’ for their third full-length release ‘Atlas’ at the Scottish Jazz Awards. Jazzwise magazine called them ‘Ones To Watch’ in 2015, and the BBC have championed their cause since the beginning, regularly featuring them on radio and inviting them into the studio for live performances - including the biggest ever BBC Introducing session. The musicianship is top-notch, but the biggest impression left on audiences who come to see Fat-Suit is the togetherness, interaction and infectious energy bursting from the stage. This is a party curated by a new generation of musicians, and they invite you to join.
“One of the best bands in British music, full stop.” BBC Scotland
“Celebratory music, a veritable Mardi Gras.” The Herald
“A showcase of sonic domination. One to dance at.” STV
Root Down! with Fat Suit
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance