Root Down! with Callejondo Flamenco
Friday 6th December 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Kitchen Serves Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu until 9:30pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors - Free Entry from 10pm
Charisma, sensuality, passion, rythme and elegance are their major qualities; straight from Seville, dancer, Rebeca Ortega accompanied by live guitarist, Martín Revuelo Jr. and special guest singer bring you their fresh Flamenco; simple, old, innovative, and performative.
The show makes you dream and feel involved, it will take you on a journey through the palos of flamenco interpreting the colours, airs, grace and rythme of alegrías, tangos and bulerías, with giving no little significance to the seriousness of the rooted, painful, venenous hondo flamenco.
CalleJondo is a flamenco dance theatre show that pictures both the flamenco street art and tablaos of Seville. The name CalleJondo comes from the Spanish words "calle" (meaning of street), and "jondo" (flamenco styles the purest and the most serious). The play draws on the vast knowledge of the deepest traditions of flamenco, contemporary influences and the power of the street arts.
The show had a very successful response during its 2019 summer tour in England, with several full theatres.
"CalleJondo Flamenco are the best Flamenco dance company I have seen. They are very professional and easy to work with. Everyone enjoyed the flamenco dance workshop and the performance was wonderful." --- Roselyne Williams de Redwing Art Gallery, Penzance, UK.
"Rebeca Ortega joined by Martin Revuelo Jr on spanish guitar and highly accomplished flamenco dancer Josie Sinnadurai delivered a stunning, inspiring and truly excellent flamenco performance. Over an hour of dance and music of the highest calibre, honed on the streets and theaters of Seville, truly delivered something special... This, without a doubt, ranks as one of the best dance performances I have ever seen... The end of the performance was greeted by a standing ovation... returns to Nottingham no price would be too much to experience this again." --- PureAndCreative.com, Nottingham, UK.
Root Down! with Callejondo Flamenco
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance