Root Down! | Mas Y Mas
Friday 20th December 2019
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Kitchen Serves Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu until 9:30pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio - Free Entry from 10pm
“…outstanding songwriter and Latin band…”
“…alongside the greats of today’s international music scene…”
“ …rousing passionate performers that get everyone on their feet…”
Rikki Thomas-Martínez returns with his band Más Y Más for and electrifying night of Latin Rumba grooves and his songs. He is joined by Dalila Thomas-Martínez on Ubass and Keith Angel on percussion.
Rikki Thomas-Martínez, nylon-string guitarist, vocalist, harmonica player, stomp-box percussionist and songwriter. His music is infused with joy, sunshine and his songs full of meaning; melodically rich and infectiously rhythmic. An outstanding artist, with the use of harmonicas, unique rhythmic, powerful guitar style and singing voice, he has been described as a fully contained one-man Latin orchestra.
He has an extensive repertoire of original songs composed in Spanish, English and French as well as exciting interpretations of well-known songs. He has pioneered his own form of Rumba Flamenca, which includes influences from Salsa, Reggae and Cumbia. This driving dance rhythm underpins his music and never fails to get the crowds on their feet and dancing. A truly original and contemporary artist, songwriter and performer.
Dalila Thomas-Martínez joins Rikki on the Ubass. Her deep groovy bass lines, backing vocals and their electric chemistry on stage create a sound that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Keith Angel international renowned drummer and percussionist plays congas, bongos, campana and hi-hats in Más Y Más. One of the driving forces of the legendary Angel Brothers, Keith’s fiery and passionate playing completes the trio.
Prepare for a night of irresistible grooves, songs and dancing!Back to all events
Root Down! | Mas Y Mas
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
SEATED DINING RESERVATION
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are released once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance