Root Down! | Major Ruse
Friday 24th January 2020
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Limited dining spaces from 7pm (no orders past 7:30pm) keep your seat during performance (ticket price includes £5 deposit redeemable on your food order)
- Performance starts at 8pm
- Kitchen also serves street food wraps until 9:30pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors - Free Entry from 10pm
“What a totally fantastic noise – Paradigm is my personal record of the week by a country mile” – Tom Robinson BBC 6 Music
Major Ruse are a hiphop influenced jazz trio with a rocky, punk edge, described by Tom Robinson as ‘a totally fantastic f*cking noise’. Armed with just a sax, a guitar and a drum kit, Major Ruse make music that takes risks, pulls on heart strings and makes you want to shake a leg! They take in everything from math rock to hip-hop, blend it up in jazz and fire it back out with groove and feeling.
Putting out their debut EP last year, they have since been putting in the hours writing new material for their first album and honing their energetic live shows. Along the way they have played many festivals including Love Supreme, We Out Here and Manchester Jazz Festival and supported the likes of Oscar Jerome and Blue Lab Beats as well as having their latest single played on BBC 6 Music and being invited to play live on Tom Robinson’s BBC 6 Music show in December.
Root Down! | Major Ruse
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance