Root Down! | Alvorada
Friday 13th March 2020
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance starts at 8pm
- Kitchen Serves Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu until 9:30pm
- Followed by DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors - Free Entry from 10pm
“They breathe a new life into Brazil’s popular lilting choro style… adding a distinctive, contemporary edge” - Sarah Ward, Jazz FM
ALVORADA are the UK’s leading performers of choro, instrumental music with rich melodies & infectious grooves from Rio de Janeiro. The tight-knit quintet have won multiple awards and performed at festivals and venues in the UK and beyond, recently selling out Pizza Express Live and Paris International Choro Festival. Alvorada - described as “one of the most exciting bands in London” (Resonance FM)- will be coming to Peggy’s Skylight to present their much-acclaimed debut album First Light.
Alvorada brings together top musicians from London and Brazil, whose diverse backgrounds - including jazz, classical and Brazilian music - lend the group a unique edge. Individually, they have performed with the likes of Bobby McFerrin, Gilberto Gil, STOMP, Adriano Adewale and more.
Expect to hear playful, lively, expressive melodies combined with infectious rhythms and virtuosic instrumental interaction - everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
Rachel Hayter - flutes
Andrew Woolf - clarinets / sax
Aluá Nascimento - pandeiro
Jeremy Shaverin - cavaquinho
Luiz Morais - 7-string guitar
"A fresh, innovative album" - ★★★★★ Songlines
Root Down! | Alvorada
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance