Roddy Doyle & The Letters Page
Tuesday 15th October 2019
6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Stage event starts at 8pm
- Seated dining from 6pm
- 'Ticket & Food Deal' includes 2 meze dishes & flatbread
- Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Meze Menu
- Last food orders by 7:15pm
The Letters Page and the University of Nottingham present:
To celebrate the launch of The Letters Page, Vol. 4, we are delighted to welcome the award-winning novelist and screenwriter Roddy Doyle to Nottingham. Roddy will be talking about his life and writing career, as well as reading from his latest work. He will be joined on stage by Jon McGregor, editor of The Letters Page.
Copies of The Letters Page, Vol. 4, will be available to purchase at a special price on the night, along with a selection of Roddy Doyle’s work.
Roddy Doyle is a novelist and screenwriter from Dublin. He is the author of eleven novels for adults, eight books for children, five plays, three screenplays, two non-fiction books, and numerous short stories. His latest novel, Smile, was published in 2017. His many awards include the 1993 Booker Prize for Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, the 2009 Irish PEN Award, and the 1991 BAFTA Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Commitments.
The Letters Page is a literary journal in letters, published by the School of English at the University of Nottingham and edited by Jon McGregor in his role as Professor of Creative Writing. The Letters Page publishes a selection of stories, essays, and poems which are submitted to the journal in the form of handwritten letters, and explores the place of correspondence in literary life. We are delighted to include a letter from Roddy Doyle in our latest issue.
Jon McGregor is a novelist and short story writer, and the editor of The Letters Page. His books include Reservoir 13, Even the Dogs, and If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things. He has won the 2017 Costa Novel Award, and the 2012 Dublin Literature Prize.Back to all events
Roddy Doyle & The Letters Page
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance