[Jazz] Rob Barron Trio
Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Ticket is inclusive of a set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval, food purchased separately view full menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
Rob Barron Trio
★★★★★ – “This is classic piano trio jazz at its best” – Barry Withderden – BBC Music Magazine
Rob Barron is a mainstay on the London Jazz and studio scene and tonight brings his first class trio to Peggy’s Skylight for their debut performance at the club.
Rob has played with a who’s who of American jazz musicians such as Al Jarreau, Patti Austin, Marlena Shaw, Phil Woods, Benny Golson, Grant Stewart, and John Marshall and leading UK musicians Dave O’Higgins, Claire Martin, Anita Wardell, Mark Crooks, Colin Oxley and Nat Steele. As a session musician he has played on many film sound tracks and has worked with the BBC Big Band, Paloma Faith, Beverley Knight, The Philharmonia Orchestra and The Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra
His playing style evokes a quality and touch reminiscent of the great ‘Blue Note’ pianists such as Bud Powell, Hank Jones and Cedar Walton.
His latest album ‘From This Moment On’ was released in October 2020, receiving numerous five star reviews and accolades from both the UK and international press. It features Rob’s own new arrangements of choice standards from the American Songbook as well as his inventive original compositions.
He is accompanied tonight by two of the country’s most in demand sidemen, Jeremy Brown on bass and Josh Morrison on drums. A night of feel-good swinging jazz and bebop in this classic piano trio setting.
★★★★★ – “Everything about this album is almost perfect” – Alan Musson – UK Vibe
★★★★★ – “There’s energy aplenty here, but mostly there’s creativity and execution of a very high order.” – Peter Vacher/Jazzwise
Rob Barron – piano
Jeremy Brown – bass
Josh Morrison – drums
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor