Nottingham Music Hub presents Jazz Squad, StrOrkestra and Band Factory artists
Tuesday 26th November 2019
7:30pm - 10:00pm
- Doors 7pm
- 7:30pm StrOrkestra
- 8pm interval
- 8:15pm Band Factory- Acoustic acts, Matthew Baggaley & Ellie Stainsby-Grenville
- 8:45pm interval
- 9pm-9:30pm Jazz Squad
- Tickets £5/£4 conc - available via ticket link, or on the door
Part of the Robin Hood Youth Orchestra (RHYO) family, Jazz Squad is a student-led jazz ensemble. With exciting repertoire including jazz standards and film/TV themes, the ensemble has been gaining a reputation for high quality professional performances, including the prestigious in-house band for the Young Creative Awards.
StrOrkestra, again part of the RHYO family, is an inspiring string orchestra that is dedicated to training young string players through impressive performances and high quality leading. With a wide variety of repertoire, the ensemble has performed in many prestigious venues including The Nottingham Albert Hall, the Royal Concert Hall and internationally in Karlsruhe, Germany.
We are hugely excited that Peggy’s Platform will also feature some of Band Factory’s acoustic artists Matthew Baggaley and Ellie Stainsby-Grenville. Young local songwriter, guitarist and singer Matthew Baggaley was a 2017 winner of the Young Creative awards in music for his original song ‘Leap of Faith’. He was a winner in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 'Noise from the Next Generation' competitions, and was also a winner of the 2016 Sing City competition. He is a regular at Nottingham Music Hub events and has performed at the Nottingham Albert Hall, Rescue Rooms, The Maze, Rough Trade and Hockley Hustle. Ellie Stainsby-Grenville is a singer songwriter who accompanies herself on piano. Through the Nottingham Music Hub she has played at venues such as the Royal Concert Hall, the Nottingham Albert Hall, The Playhouse and Rough Trade. Ellie was also one of the winners of the 2019 Noise from the Next Generation competition, and one of the 2016 Sing City winners. She was Highly Commended in the 13-15 music category of the Young Creative awards 2019Back to all events
Ticket(s) for this event are purchased off-site.
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance