Music, Meze & More with Muha
Wednesday 7th August 2019
7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
MUHA offer a new tradition in contemporary Eastern European music, influenced by the multicultural society in the UK, the band is a brilliant live act. Entertaining with their musicianship through a sound stemming from eastern roots and engaging audiences through a variety of languages and catchy grooves. Combining the melodic beauty of Eastern European folklore, North Indian Kathak rhythms, Cuban beats and original lyrics they mesmerise with a musical feast rooted in the Slavonic tradition but cultured from the world.
MUHA’s musicians come from different walks of life and each one of them combines their expertise to create a truly unique sound. The band formed in 2006 when singer/ songwriter Iryna Muha met guitarist Dmitry Fedotov. Together with Louise Clements on bass/kathak vocals and Nikki Mckenzie percussion, MUHA offers an enthralling fusion of Slavonic-rooted music enhanced with rhythms and global folklore narratives.
"Full of personal touches, quality work, unique and a great Beautiful sound" -www.worldmusicvideo.com
"Every track and tune explores the unknown bravely with such musicality and presence… Iryna’s voice commands attention and nostalgia with a sense of rhythm, mixing Punjabi and Russian – a superpower of expression!" - Skinder Hundal, Chief Executive of the New Art Exhange
"It’s so bonkers yet beautifully brilliant you simply cannot fault them" - Aoife Kiernanfrom, Musicreviewunsigned.com
Lilting guitars and starry-eyed singing, much like Pentangle on a diet of Russian phrase books.’ Paul Klotschkow - Left Lion
Appearances on Edinburgh Mela festival, BBC Radio 3 World on 3, BBC Late Junction, BBC Radio Lincolnshire, Bestival, NEAT festival.
Back to all events
Music, Meze & More with Muha
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance