Music, Meze & More with Ka Safar
Wednesday 20th November 2019
8:00pm - 11:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
(‘Ka’ is Spirit and ‘Safar’ is Journey).
A 12-piece jazz ‘Arkestra’ born from the fine traditions of Sun Ra, Ka Safar presents as much a shamanic tribal ritual as a jazz offering.
Drawing on the lush, delicate textures of Alice Coltrane; hard funk of Elements-era Joe Henderson; the boundless joy of Pharaoh Sanders and the cool Ethiopian vibes of Mulatu Astatke, Ka Safar will take you on their spirit journey through a World of jazz - and to other planets, far beyond.
Led by Lee Allatson (drum set) with regular collective members: Mellow Baku (vocals), Kulvir Bhambra (djembe), Fino Lopes (bass), Miranda Booth (harp), Tony Booth (vocals), Satya-Sara Khachik (dance), Tony Looby (flute), Jonathan Read (trumpet), Gary Reader (sax), Alan Tang (violin) and Hari Trivedi (tabla).
Ka Safar members have worked with the likes of: Jazz Warriors, Bill Drummond, The Specials, Dave Murray, Paul Dunmall, Prince Buster, Uptown Ska Collective, Alan Wilkinson, George Martin and Dawn Penn.Back to all events
Music, Meze & More with Ka Safar
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance