Music, Meze & More | Super Sponge Trio
Wednesday 18th September 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
Super Sponge Trio is an instrumental power trio from Malta, initiated in the summer of 2016. Under the umbrella term ‘Funk’, the goal of the project is to bring in unique yet complimentary styles together into an instrumental band context. The act evinces a magnetic assemblage of uncanny melodies coupled with improvisations, bouncy rhythms and infectious grooves.
During 2017, The project played in numerous locally acclaimed venues and Festivals including Farsons Beer Festival, Rock the South, Roof top sessions/balcony TV, Gianpula Rooftop Sessions, Teatru Salesjani, Offbeat, The Funky Monkey, Prog the Island, Ta’ Fra Ben.
In the advent of these gigs, the band has shared the stage with numerous local and critically acclaimed foreign acts including the young and talented Italian Trio, Snips as well as the established, award winning Dutch progressive rock band Focus.
In February 2018, the band entered Temple Studios Malta to record 8 original tracks in the project’s debut album named: Quack! The Album boasts an eclectic mix of Funk with crossover elements of rock, blues and fusion.
With the success of the album launch last November 2018, the act has now confirmed new gigs for 2019, which include Earth Garden, Rock the South and other local festivals. The band recently landed its first overseas concerts in Rotterdam’s acclaimed venue: Dizzy’s Jazz club, amongst others to soon be announced.
Music, Meze & More | Super Sponge Trio
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance