[sunday jazz] much ado about jazz
Kick back & relax with our Sunday afternoon jazz & meze sessions…Father’s Day special!
Dining from 12pm
Performance 1-3pm (with interval)
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
Much Ado About Jazz
“An exciting jazz duo whose comical timing is as good as their musical timing”
A show aimed at people who don’t necessarily like jazz…as well as those who do!
Chris Gumbley – saxophone/clarinet/bass clarinet Al Gurr – piano
After years on the road we have lost track of the number of concert-goers complaining that much jazz is aloof, self-indulgent and lacking in any real melodic content: jazz which is sometimes sarcastically referred to as ‘Meet-me-at-the-end-Jazz’.
As a result, we revisit some much-loved (mostly) jazz classics and present them with a lot of energy so that the audience not only feel more involved, but also gain an insight into how jazz musicians work on stage. If you add to that a large dose of dry humour you’ll hopefully start to get a feel for what our performance is all about
“Jazz fans relished in the exciting renditions of the different standards and yet the non-jazz fans were still completely engaged in the music”
“I dislike jazz, but I loved that!”
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor