Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Ticket is inclusive of a set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval, food purchased separately view full menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
“Fascinating stuff… I’m really enjoying Mishra’s blend” – Mark Radcliffe, BBC Radio 2
Mishra are a global folk collective with strong roots in U.K folk, out of which they weave a tight web of intricate, Indian-influenced original music that defies definition and has already brought awards recognition since their formation in 2017. Kate Griffin (The Magpies) and Ford Collier (BBC R2 Folk Award nominated The Drystones) are the songwriting partnership behind Mishra, drawing on their unique base of influences that encompasses folk music of the UK and America, Indian classical music, and soul to create a surprisingly accessible sound that audiences instantly connect to. Between the two of them, Kate and Ford create a rich texture from their array of instruments: Irish low whistle, banjo, Indian tabla, dobro, African calabash, and guitar, all of which provide a vibrant backdrop to Kate’s striking vocals. Their set is entirely original and traditional, apart from a popular cover of Gillian Welch’s Scarlet Town, receiving airplay on the BBC Radio 2 Folk Show by Mark Radcliffe.
Kate and Ford are joined by renowned tabla and santoor player John Ball (Rafiki Jazz, Indus) and jazz-folk double bassist Joss Mann-Hazell (Auka), who bring depth and power to Mishra’s genre-defying original music.
“Brilliantly executed Americana and folk mixed with Indian music… Lovely sound, beautifully sung… Gosh that’s tasty!“ – Mike Brocken, BBC Radio Merseyside
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor