Midlands World Music Consortium Presents...| From East to East | Muha
Wednesday 15th January 2020
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Tickets for this event sold on the door only
OLD NEW YEAR CELEBRATION PARTY - Eastern European Feast
The Old New Year or the Orthodox New Year is an informal traditional holiday, celebrated as the start of the New Year by the Julian calendar. In the 20th and 21st centuries, the Old New Year falls on January 14 in the Gregorian calendar. The same day is celebrated in India as the sun ends its southward journey and starts moving northward: Thai Pongal
* * * * * Entry tickets: £5 for members; £7 for non members * * * * *
- Pay £10 for the annual membership of Midlands World Music Consortium and have a FREE entry to this event.
Supported by Kallaboration, MUHA, Peggy's Skylight, Arts Council England.
MWMC FB group :https://www.facebook.com/groups/619076728553409/
From East to East:
From East To East invites you to a happy and rich journey through the musical heritage of Eastern European countries. This large 9 piece acoustic band plays a blend of dance tunes as well as slower melodic pieces from Balkan, Klezmer, Romani, Polish, Russian traditions with a number of original tracks. Their instrumentation includes clarinet, violin, darbuka, guitars and drums, with two outstanding lead vocalists Kasia Kazimierska and Michael Casey Kasprzak.
They will make your heart fill with joy or melancholy and, together with their own resident dancer and tambourinist Nicole Korycka, they will make your feet dance!
From East To East have previously appeared at many festivals in the UK, as well as internationally including the popular Balkan Traffic festival (Brussels 2018), and have performed live shows on Polish national TVP Polonia.
Christine Pinkard - clarinet
Kamil Kroplewski - violin
Grzegorz Dziewulski - guitar
Tomas Richards - bass guitar
Henry O'Loughlin - drums
Michał Chluski - darbuka
Kasia Kazimierska- vocal
Michael Casey Kasprzak-vocal
Nicole Korycka- tambourine and dance
‘MUHA are an intriguing example of the results that arise from meetings of musical minds across porous national borders.’ Songlines
Nottingham’s own MUHA offers a new tradition in contemporary Eastern European music, influenced by the multicultural society in the UK, the band is a brilliant live act. Entertaining with their musicianship through a sound stemming from eastern roots and engaging audiences through a variety of languages and catchy grooves. Combining the melodic beauty of Eastern European folklore, North Indian Kathak rhythms, Cuban beats and original lyrics they mesmerise with a musical feast rooted in the Slavonic tradition but cultured from the world.
Iryna Muha- vocals, hurdy-gurdy, guitar, berimbao
Dmitry Fedotov- guitar
Louise Clements- bass and kathak rhythms
Nikki McKenzie - percussion
Ticket(s) for this event are purchased off-site.
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
SEATED DINING RESERVATION
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are released once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance