Mark Harrison Band [Sunday Afternoon Blues]
Kick back & relax with our Sunday afternoon jazz & meze sessions…
Dining from 12pm
Performance 1-3pm (with interval)
View Seating Plan
Mark Harrison Band
“He’s a fantastic musician, he’s got a great voice and what a songwriter! What a glorious sound he makes” – Frank Hennessey, BBC Radio 2
“Everybody should be talking about Mark Harrison” – Classic Rock Magazine
Acclaimed national touring artist Mark Harrison brings his unique music and band back to Peggy’s. Described at BBC Radio 2 as an artist who ‘makes you think afresh’, and by countless audience members and reviewers as ‘uplifting’ and ‘inspirational’, Mark Harrison is a totally original songwriter, a stunning guitarist, and a master storyteller. His highly individual music takes him to some of the top venues and festivals in the UK, attracting acclaim wherever he goes.
Mark’s live shows are well-known not only for the memorable melodic songs but also for his introductions to them, delivered in a manner often described as ‘wry’ and ‘dry’. With a very distinctive guitar style, he takes elements of folk and blues to create something new that is very much his own genre. Constantly touring and multi-awards-nominated, he is widely considered one of the top artists in UK roots music.
Mark’s band features the extraordinary musicianship of Charles Benfield (double bass) and Ben Welburn (drums/percussion), who form a unique and acclaimed rhythm section. His songs are about all manner of non-standard subjects. With catchy tunes, lyrics that intrigue and engage, and striking rhythms, they make you smile, think and move.
Mark has released six albums which have been unanimously acclaimed across a wide range of areas of the music world, receiving a very great deal of airplay and highly enthusiastic reviews in the UK, Europe and the US.
“He takes very real things that happen in life and makes you think afresh about them” – (Paul Jones, BBC Radio 2)
“A bit different and kinda groovy too” (Cerys Matthews, BBC Radio 2)
Ticket and Venue information:
- General Admission (main seating area) – You can request to be seated in ‘Billie’ (front of stage), ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Mingus’ (near piano) or ‘Duke’ (side wall) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats
- General Admission (Ella/Satchmo seating area) – you can request to be seated in ‘Ella’ (by the fireplace) or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows). Please note, a few of these seats have a restricted view
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- If you are hoping to combine bookings or join an existing booking then please let us know in advance as we cannot guarantee that changes to our table plan will be possible on the night
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor