[soul/jazz] Malcolm Strachan Sextet
Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Ticket is inclusive of a set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval, food purchased separately view full menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
Malcolm Strachan’s ‘About Time’
“A thing of beauty” – Snowboy
A new sextet led by Leeds based Scottish trumpeter Malcolm Strachan: founding member of top UK funk/jazz-funk band The Haggis Horns as well as being one of the busiest session musicians in the UK today.
He’s finally released his first solo album, aptly titled “About Time”, on Haggis Records and he’s going back to his original jazz roots.
The album is a collection of original compositions, all written and arranged by Malcolm, which are firmly rooted in the classic acoustic modern jazz style typified by the great 60s and 70s recordings on the legendary Blue Note Records label. From full-on modal jazz to Latin vibes, beautiful ballads and soul jazz grooves to cinematic soundtrack flavours, all woven together perfectly by a great group of experienced musicians who have been working with Malcolm for decades in The Haggis Horns and other bands and line-ups
“Soul Jazz at it’s finest” – Chip Wickham
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor