[alt-jazz] Major Ruse
Doors at 7pm
Performance 8-10pm (with interval)
All inclusive ‘ticket & food’ special offers – view menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
“What a totally fantastic noise – Paradigm is my personal record of the week by a country mile” – Tom Robinson BBC 6 Music
Major Ruse are a hiphop influenced jazz trio with a rocky, punk edge, described by Tom Robinson as ‘a totally fantastic f***ing noise’. Armed with just a sax, a guitar and a drum kit, Major Ruse make music that takes risks, pulls on heart strings and makes you want to shake a leg! They take in everything from math rock to hip-hop, blend it up in jazz and fire it back out with groove and feeling.
Along the way they have played many festivals including Love Supreme, We Out Here and Manchester Jazz Festival and supported the likes of Oscar Jerome and Blue Lab Beats as well as having their latest single played on BBC 6 Music and being invited to play live on Tom Robinson’s BBC 6 Music show in December.
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor