Jeremy Sassoon & Friends [Jazz/Blues/Soul]
Twilight: performance 6-7pm
Doors at 5pm, please vacate by 7:20pm
View Skylight Express menu
Highlight: performance 8:30-10:30pm
Doors at 7:30pm,
Two sets of music with an interval
View Full menu
View Seating Plan
Jeremy Sassoon & Friends
“It doesn’t get much better than this” – Love Supreme Jazz Festival
“It’s a mark of true showmanship when a performer knows when to change the speed or the vibe, taking the audience on an emotional journey, and that is exactly what Jeremy Sassoon did at his sold-out show!” – London Jazz News
Jeremy Sassoon is one of the UK’s most in-demand singer/pianist. Either solo or accompanied by his band, he captivates audiences with his natural, soulful voice, his charismatic personality and his arrangements of jazz, blues, groove, and soul classics.
Jeremy has headlined sell-out shows at Ronnie Scotts, Pizza Express Soho, the 606 Club and the Jazz Café. He has performed at the North Sea Jazz Festival, The Iridium Jazz Club in New York and headlines twice a year at Berlin’s premier jazz club The “A Trane”. In 2014, his version of the beautiful Marc Cohn song “The Things We’ve Handed Down” was featured on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs as the castaway’s favourite and then hit number 1 in the iTunes vocal download chart.
Jeremy’s CD “Jeremy Sassoon & Friends Live”, was recorded live at PizzaExpress, London with his 5-piece band, and was chosen by the respected German jazz publication Jazzthetik as one of their finest albums of 2018.
He is the UK’s foremost artist tributing the music of Ray Charles with his big band “Ray Charles Project” which he is performing at Peggy’s on 11th August 2023. He played the main stage at the renowned Love Supreme Festival 2019 with this band alongside Lauryn Hill & Jamie Cullum. Jeremy is currently touring his latest show “Jeremy Sassoon’s MOJO” (Musicians Of Jewish Origin) which recounts the history of 100 years of Jewish songwriters from George Gershwin to Amy Winehouse and beyond. It has received rave reviews and recently completed a month’s run at the 2022 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, with a featured broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland.
“Sassoon is a charming and witty front-man, one of his skills being that he can make the audience feel immediately at ease“ – London Jazz News
Jeremy Sassoon – vocals/piano
Chris Rabbitts – bass
Phil Johnson – drums
Jim Corry – sax
Ticket and Venue information:
- Twilight / Highlight Show (main seating area) – You can request to be seated in ‘Billie’ (front of stage), ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Mingus’ (near piano) or ‘Duke’ (side wall) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats
- Twilight / Highlight Show (Ella/Satchmo seating area) – you can request to be seated in ‘Ella’ (by the fireplace) or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows). Please note, a few of these seats have a restricted view
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- If you are hoping to combine bookings or join an existing booking then please let us know in advance as we cannot guarantee that changes to our table plan will be possible on the night
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor