Jazz & Meze: Randy Johnston
Thursday 11th June 2020
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Dining from 7pm
- Performance starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
"The Motown soul-funk-jazz juices mingled with his Southern blues experiences and the developmental result is an extraordinary talent" - Nicholas F Mondello, allaboutjazz.com
NYC based jazz & blues guitarist, Randy Johnston is one of the most widely recorded and prolific of his generation. He has released 14 albums as a leader for the Small World, Muse, Highnote, J Curve, Mel Bay, and Random Act labels and has appeared on dozens of recordings with other top recording artists.
In addition to his recording career, Randy has toured and played with some of the most acclaimed artists in jazz, including Lionel Hampton, Houston Person and Etta Jones, Lonnie Smith, and Joey DeFrancesco. He played for 18 years as a regular member of the Lou Donaldson Quartet. He has traveled the world concertizing, both as a bandleader and side musician, performing at the top clubs and festivals all over the United States, Europe, Japan, Thailand, and South America. Randy's current group is a tightly knit and like minded unit featuring some of the most brilliant musicians on the East Coast of the United States.
Already recognized the world over for his guitaristic prowess, Randy's live performances and last two recordings feature him as a vocalist as well, singing his original songs as well as standards and blues standards. His vocals have been favorably compared to those of Ray Charles, and the combination of instrumental and vocal performances make for an extremely varied and entertaining live set. Both his vocal and substantial catalogue of instrumental compositions enjoy frequent airplay, both in the traditional and internet radio formats.
Randy has also taught music at New York University, the Hartt School of Music in Hartford Connecticut, the University of Miami in Coral Gables Florida, and several other major American universities of note, in addition to conducting master classes in such diverse locations as Wales UK and Helsinki Finland.
Jazz & Meze: Randy Johnston
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage.
- Your ticket purchase guarantees you a seat, which we will allocate.
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements) Please email email@example.com
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service. Please note that these tickets are only for those wishing to dine
DINING (Ella/Satchmo) ticket
- These tickets are for seating in Ella or Satchmo, which are by the windows (please see floor plan). Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view.
- We will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
GENERAL ADMISSION tickets
- These are for standing room only
- If an event has not sold out of seated tickets, you may be able to occupy spare seating by arrangement with our maitre d’ on the night
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance