Jazz & Meze | AlinaHipHarp
Saturday 18th January 2020
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance 8 till 10pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Doors open to the public free of charge at 10pm
“…Bzhezhinska – an artist to watch.”
★★★★ Jane Cornwell, Evening Standard“
…Bzhezhinska shares with Alice (Coltrane) a mastery of the jazz harp.”
★★★★★ Will Hodgkinson, The Times
Internationally renowned harpist Alina Bzhezhinska has a strong reputation for innovation. This time she creates a unique sound on the harp with electronics and loop pedals, supported by Mikele Montolli (bass), Adam Teixeira (drums) and Joel Prime (percussion). Through a combination of original works and covers, she pays homage to some of jazz, funk and hip-hop’s greatest innovators. Her new quartet draws from a variety of influences, including the likes of Dorothy Ashby’s ‘Afro-harping’, Alice Coltrane’s spiritual outputs and Sun Ra’s free form jazz experimentation; as well as 90’s Triphop and Kuti-esque Afrobeat rhythms.
Two years ago Bzhezhinska stormed the UK music scene when her quartet and appeared at the Barbican during the EFG London Jazz Festival alongside Denys Baptiste and Pharoah Sanders - and has been nominated for Best Live Experience of the Year at the 2018 Jazz FM Awards. Later she produced her critically acclaimed album, Inspiration (Ubuntu Music) featuring award winning saxophonist Tony Kofi. She performed at London Jazz Festival, Edinburgh International Festival, Royal Albert Hall, Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club and WOMADelaide Festival in Australia.
Encouraged by her collaboration with Kamaal Williams, Shabaka Hatching and Ursula Rucker, she steps out in new jazz territory.
Alina Bzhezhinska – Harp
Mikele Montolli – Electric Bass
Adam Teixeira - Drums
Joel Prime – Percussion
Jazz & Meze | AlinaHipHarp
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
SEATED DINING RESERVATION
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are released once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance