Janek Gwizdala Trio
7:30pm (General Admission)
Performance 8-10pm (with interval)
Seating is reserved for diners only
We will be serving our Skylight Express menu for this event – click here to view menu
For detailed information on ticket types, seating options and venue information please see below
Please note: We will be hosting a masterclass with Janek in the afternoon. Please see here for further details and ticket booking
Janek Gwizdala Trio
“English musician Janek Gwizdala has positioned himself as one of the top electric bassists in New York” – All About Jazz
“His painstakingly prepared floor array of pedals allows his bass to fly free, taking on multiple roles and visiting other dimensions” – Bass Magazine
London-born, US-based bass player and record producer Janek Gwizdala is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after jazz bassists of our time.
Janek has been on the international music scene for over twenty years, touring as a band leader and working as a musical director or sideman with some of the most respected names in the industry.
As a recording artist, Janek has released twelve albums as a band leader; as an author, has published thirteen critically acclaimed books; and has toured the world extensively as both a musician and a lecturer & clinician at the world’s leading educational establishments.
In addition to live appearances with The Janek Gwizdala Trio, Janek will be performing internationally in projects with Bob Reynolds and Steve Smith throughout the rest of 2023. .
STOP PRESS: The European November 2023 tour will include the launch of the trio’s new album (Working title; TIME & SOUND), which will be recorded in August during their South American Tour in Chile, Montevideo and Buenos Aires.
“There is no limit to how epic this project could become between now and the recording sessions. Conceptually I’m writing far more music this time around, and plan to orchestrate elements of the album with two of my big compositional loves: choir and strings” – Janek Gwizdala
Janek Gwizdala (Mike Stern. Randy Brecker, Carlos Santana, John Mayer, Pat Metheny) – bass
Tom Cawley (Peter Gabriel, Trudy Kerr, Acoustic Ladyland) – piano
Cliff Almond (Patti Labelle, Chris Potter, Michel Camilo, Tito Puente, Wayne Krantz, Eddie Palmieri, Chuck Loeb, Tom Scott, Michael Brecker) – drums
Early booking is advised!
“Janek Gwizdala is known for his incredible improvisations, both on and off the stage – Watching the joy and intensity of this music’s creation is worth the price of admission” – No Treble
For afternoon masterclass tickets please see here for further details & booking
Ticket and Venue information:
- General Admission (main area) – these tickets are for our designated standing area: please be mindful of obstructing the view of seated ticket holders
- Dining (main seating area) – You can request to be seated in ‘Billie’ (front of stage), ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Mingus’ (near piano) or ‘Duke’ (side wall). Whilst we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Dining (Ella/Satchmo seating area) – you can request to be seated in ‘Ella’ (by the fireplace) or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows). Please note, a few of these seats have a restricted view
- Dining tickets come with table service throughout the night and the ability to dine with us should you choose
- If you are hoping to combine bookings or join an existing booking then please let us know in advance as we cannot guarantee that changes to our table plan will be possible on the night
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor