[new jazz] Jackson Mathod
Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Ticket is inclusive of a set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval, food purchased separately view full menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
Jackson Mathod is a multi-instrumentalist and singer. Drawing on influences from the likes of Miles Davis, Submotion Orchestra and Christian Scott to name a few. Jackson studied Jazz at Guildhall School of Music and Drama back in 2009. However, never feeling fully embedded in the jazz world, he quickly went onto the session musician circuit, playing for high profile artists such as Stormzy and Jordan Rakei.
Fast forward to 2019, Jackson was asked to be a featured artist on ‘Make you Feel’ by South London Duo Fika, where he laid his vibrant trumpet sound on the RnB hit.
“This is a thing I really enjoy in music. Improvising in different styles. Embracing the diversity of my instrument.”
Jackson’s released his debut album ‘Travels in a Confined Space’ in April 2021 and has recieved backing from BBC radio 6 music, Jazz FM, Worldwide Fm and Soho Radio to name a few. With well over 1 million streams, his music has also been featured on top Spotify Editorial playlists such as ‘State of Jazz’, ‘Jazz UK’, ‘Jazz Club’ and ‘Jazz Funk’.
“Jackson Mathod plays with a genuine love for Jazz music. His ability to convey truth in his solos is a tonic and his potential as an artist excites me. Jackson’s playing adheres to the values of blues, swing and community, he represents himself with honesty and dignity and reflects with abundance the characteristics that this music’s future will thrive on” – Julian Joseph
Jackson Mathod: Trumpet/vocals
Gabriele Pribetti: Tenor Saxophone
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor