‘Groove Den’ Feat James Morton and Alex Hutchings [Soul/Funk/Jazz]
7:30pm (General Admission)
Performance 8-10pm (with interval)
Seating is reserved for diners only
We will be serving our Skylight Express menu for this event – click here to view menu
For detailed information on ticket types, seating options and venue information please see below
‘Groove Den’ Feat James Morton and Alex Hutchings
“Big, Phat and Funky” – MOJO
“Maceo Parker on acid” – Fred Wesley
“Raw and direct” – Blues & Soul magazine
Groove Den is a collaborative meeting of minds and the brainchild of Bristol music heavy weights James Morton and Alex Hutchings. Influenced by a wide range of musical styles including jazz, funk, hip-hop, soul and rock, the common thread is groove and feel.
James is one of the most exciting saxophonists of his generation and has performed and recorded with some of the most prolific artists in music including Pee Wee Ellis, Fred Wesley and The New JB’s, George Clinton, The Herbaliser and the NPG Horns (Prince) to name a few. He also has released 2 albums “The Kid” and “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout That” to critical acclaim.
Alex has been dazzling audiences internationally with his distinctive, heart felt playing and technical brilliance for over a decade, most recently completing a 150 date world tour with Steven Wilson (formerly Porcupine Tree) culminating in 3 nights at The Royal Albert Hall, released on DVD.
Other members of the group include power house drummer Francesco Mendolia (Incognito) and Swedish funk and soul maestro Anders Olinder (Glen Hughes and Pee Wee Ellis) on Hammond Organ.
Expect lyrical, funky, soulful saxophones, blistering guitar solos and deep heavy grooves which will take you on a journey from New Orleans to the urban streets of Bristol.
Welcome to the Groove Den.
Ticket and Venue information:
- General Admission (main area) – these tickets are for our designated standing area: please be mindful of obstructing the view of seated ticket holders
- Dining (main seating area) – You can request to be seated in ‘Billie’ (front of stage), ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Mingus’ (near piano) or ‘Duke’ (side wall). Whilst we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Dining (Ella/Satchmo seating area) – you can request to be seated in ‘Ella’ (by the fireplace) or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows). Please note, a few of these seats have a restricted view
- Dining tickets come with table service throughout the night and the ability to dine with us should you choose
- If you are hoping to combine bookings or join an existing booking then please let us know in advance as we cannot guarantee that changes to our table plan will be possible on the night
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor