[WORLD] Faith i Branko
Doors at 5pm, vacate by 7:30pm
Ticket is inclusive of a set menu
Doors at 7:30pm, vacate by midnight.
Two sets of music with an interval, food purchased separately view full menu
Please see our Covid Safety Policy
‘Musically a delight..these virtuosic performers are a major discovery this year’ The Guardian, UK
‘Moving, breathtaking and virtuosic’ Lopa Kothari, BBC Radio 3, UK
‘Quite remarkable musicians’ Stephen Fry, BBC World Service
Leading Serbian Roma violinist Branko Ristic – ‘a performer that Paganini would be proud of’ [BBC Radio 3], and English ‘passionate nimble-fingered accordionist’ Faith Ristic [Rhythms Magazine, Australia] perform virtuosic original Roma-influenced music with their international ensemble.
The duo met in Branko’s Romani village in 2009, and – with music as their only tool for communication – began a journey that would lead to their marriage, their last album ‘Gypsy Lover’ being placed in the top 10 World Music Charts, a successful international touring schedule and a soon to be released documentary. From a foundation of ‘Serbian-Roma’ music, Faith i Branko have created a style that draws from both of their musical heritages and expresses their unique personal connection. This forms an original set with a storming ensemble which is joyous, passionate, tragic and virtuosic: “Their music is as colourful, personal and tumultuous as their history” – fRoots
Ticket and Venue information:
- You can request to be seated in ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Duke’ (side wall), ‘Billie’ (front of stage) or ‘Mingus’ (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats.
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Seating in ‘Ella’ or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows) is allocated last, unless specifically requested. Please note, a few of these seats are restricted view
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor