Emily Francis Trio [Electro Jazz]
7:30pm (General Admission)
Performance 8-10pm (with interval)
Seating is reserved for diners only
We will be serving our Skylight Express menu for this event – click here to view menu
Emily Francis Trio
“Francis transcends her many influences to create a sound that is very much her own, skilfully blending acoustic and electric elements to create a rich tapestry” The Jazz Mann
“A band with a fresh and very alive sound with a keen ear for progressive jazz” MusicIsMySanctuary.com
“Luma’s leap forward illustrates the ever-morphing status of the piano trio now […] a very 1980s prog iteration, all post-Vangelis synth-scapes, jazz-funk riffs and gated drums” Nick Hasted, Jazzwise
The Emily Francis Trio returns with their unique brand of prog-jazz for a special show here at Peggy’s Skylight.
Marking their 10th anniversary, 2024 sees the launch of a brand new EP featuring four singles that capture their melodic, intense, genre-bending style, and immersive, hard-hitting interplay. The group are also celebrating their 10th year with a special vinyl remastered release of their first album, The Absent.
This show will feature material from both the new EP and The Absent, as well as music from the highly regarded album, LUMA.
Led by keyboardist Emily Francis (fresh from touring with Toyah Willcox and King Crimson founder Robert Fripp) and featuring writing collaborator and bass maestro Trevor Boxall, and drum superstar Jamie Murray, the band fuses their own style of high-energy, melodically-driven jazz with sounds from the worlds of progressive rock and pop, electronic music, and influences spanning the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
Their music was described as “a thing of rare beauty” by Nick Hasted (Jazzwise) and influences include artists from the current US electro-jazz scene, such as Donny McCaslin, Kneebody and FORQ, prog supremos Pink Floyd, Genesis, and Peter Gabriel, and jazz icons Herbie Hancock, Brad Mehldau, and Avishai Cohen.
As well as these influences, the band combines their collective experience from other original or session work. Jamie’s outstanding original projects include collaborations with iconic musicians such as bassist Tim Lefebvre and saxophonist Donny McCaslin, as well as appearing alongside artists such as Alfa Mist, Camilla George, Golden Mean and hosting his own Late Late show at the famous Ronnie Scott’s. Trevor makes regular appearances with blues superstar Connor Selby as well as collaborating with the future nodding Origin Quartet, who recently featured saxophonist Paul Booth and supported Dennis Rollins. As well as her work with Toyah & Robert, Emily is no stranger to the session world. Appearing regularly with soul songstress Jo Harman, other credits include Andrea Bocelli & family, Comedy Game Night (house band), Rumer, Ward Thomas, Julia Jacklin, Soom T and more.
Never wanting to remain still, the band continue to push sonic boundaries, delivering a high impact show from beginning to end.
Emily Francis – Keyboards
Trevor Boxall – Bass
Jamie Murray – Drums
Ticket and Venue information:
- General Admission (main area) – these tickets are for our designated standing area: please be mindful of obstructing the view of seated ticket holders
- Dining (main seating area) – You can request to be seated in ‘Billie’ (front of stage), ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Mingus’ (near piano) or ‘Duke’ (side wall). Whilst we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- Dining (Ella/Satchmo seating area) – you can request to be seated in ‘Ella’ (by the fireplace) or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows). Please note, a few of these seats have a restricted view
- Dining tickets come with table service throughout the night and the ability to dine with us should you choose
- If you are hoping to combine bookings or join an existing booking then please let us know in advance as we cannot guarantee that changes to our table plan will be possible on the night
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor