Classic Jazz & Meze | Unity Quartet
Saturday 14th December 2019
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance 8 till 10pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Doors open to the public free of charge at 10pm
Unity Quartet, is a Hammond Quartet in the style of the classic Blue Note Hammond Organ Quartets from the 60’s, covering classic tunes from Larry Young’s seminal album, Unity, the band play with fire, energy and burning swing.
Led on Hammond organ by Matt Ratcliffe , Unity Quartet features Ninja Tune artist Chris Bowden on tenor sax, the in-demand drums of Tymek Jozwiak and local hero Hugh Pascall on trumpet.
Chris has a huge presence on the UK jazz and improvised music scenes, having a career spanning the 90s acid jazz boom and his 1996 album 'Time Capsule' through to his contemporary release, 'Slightly Askew'. Chris' style spans boundaries within jazz: equally at home playing contemporary or classic jazz, funk and pop music with effortless style that has been compared to both Charlie Parker & Michael Brecker.
Hugh Pascall is an award-winning trumpet player and composer. He studied at the Royal Academy of Music in London and at the Paris Conservatoire and has since developed a worldwide recording and performance career.
Tymek Jozwiak (drums) was born in Torun, Poland. He moved to the UK to study with the late Tony Levin and Jeff Williams at the Birmingham Conservatoire. Since then has joined the ranks of the country’s most exciting new generation of percussionists. He has appeared with Paul Dunmall, Steve Tromans, Tony Kofi, Iain Ballamy, Mike Williams, Alex Bonney and Sid Peacock.
Matt Ratcliffe is a creative and versatile jazz musician pianist, keyboardist and composer. Studying in Birmingham Conservatoire with Liam Noble, John Taylor, Mike Williams and Pete Saberton, Matt has been very lucky to have worked with many great UK based jazz musicians and continues to develop his skills has a performer and composer, in this project Matt brings the fiery Hammond organ swing of Larry Young and serves up some funky grooves as well.
Classic Jazz & Meze | Unity Quartet
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance