Classic Jazz & Meze | ISQ
Saturday 1st February 2020
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance 8 till 10pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Doors open to the public free of charge at 10pm
ISQ are a critically-acclaimed post-jazz/art pop quartet from London featuring:
Irene Serra - vocals (Wynton Marsalis, Norma Winstone, US3)
Richard Sadler - double bass (founding member of the Neil Cowley Trio)
Naadia Sheriﬀ - piano (Yazz Ahmed, Hermeto Pascoal)
Chris Nickolls - drums (Andy Sheppard, Jean Touissant).
“...ISQ are a melting pot of genres – jazz, pop, acoustic and experimental – which all blend together to entrancing eﬀect...” - Time Out London Critics Choice
Described as "EST with vocals", this crossover jazz outﬁt embrace “the song” as an improvisational framework to move into diﬀerent – sometimes unexpected - sonic directions and moods.
ISQ released their much-anticipated third album, “Requiem For The Faithful” in September and are currently touring around the UK. It is in a live setting that these musicians really show their jazz roots, expanding the framework of the songs and relishing in the musical spontaneity and interplay. Hear them when you get the chance.
“...singer Irene Serra has a strong stage presence and a compelling vocal tone, which she uses to great eﬀect on original songs that defy categorisation…” - Jazzwise
"...Their arrangements draw on jazz, rock and electronic music, using the skills of the band’s individuals to the full, in music which is uniquely theirs…" - London Jazz
Classic Jazz & Meze | ISQ
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance