Classic Jazz & Meze | Andrea Vicary Trio
Saturday 22nd February 2020
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance 8 till 10pm
- Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Doors open to the public free of charge at 10pm
"a sharp post-bop piano improviser and prolific composer - breathtakingly eclectic" - The Guardian
"a considerable compositional and bandleading talent” - The Times
"irresistibly catchy” The Observer
"distictive and original compositions and consistently fine piano playing.. ..she's something special" - BBC Radio 2
"one of the most brilliant jazz musicians in the UK - an outstanding pianist and superbly fertile composer" - Penguin Rough Guide to Jazz
Andrea Vicari made her mark on the jazz scene both as a pianist and composer and has five albums under her own name as well as two records with ‘Jazz Extempore’; a multi-national project formed through a cultural exchange initiated in Croatia. Andrea has written music for this band and arranged UK tours including a recent residency at Lyth Arts Centre in Scotland. She has just released an album of original songs with vocalist Trudy Kerr called ‘The House”. Andrea has performed the Marlborough Jazz Festival with South African Trumpet star Claude Deppa; Teignmouth Jazz and Blues Festival with Steve Waterman; Stratford Jazz, Shrewsbury Jazz ; Scarborough Jazz Festival; and The Bulls Head Barnes with Ex Ronnie Scott sax player Mornington Lockett. She has performed with world greats Eddie Harris and Art Farmer.
Loose Tubes founder member and session drummer extraordinaire; Nic France has worked with Ian Carr's Nucleus, Allan Holdsworth, Jim Mullen, Martin Taylor, Ronnie Scott, Kenny Wheeler, Hank Crawford, David ‘Fathead’ Newman (Ray Charles’ sax player), John Taylor, Gordon Beck, L. Shankar, Mose Allison, Tim Whitehead and appeared on a TV drum clinic with Billy Cobham.He then started working in the Rock and Pop music world, with such artists as: Bill Withers [2 tours U.K. & Europe], Tanita Tikaram [3 World tours and 3 albums] and Working Week [3 European tours + Japan and 3 albums]. Recorded with Pete Townsend, Thomas Dolby and have recently played with Annie Lennox and Nigel Kennedy. Most famously he has also been working with David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) in his acoustic project of which there is a DVD; ‘David Gilmour Live’.
Dorian Lockett studied at the Guildhall School of Music before carving out a career on the London Jazz scene, playing with Phil Bent, Alan Barnes, Dave O'Higgins, Phil Robson, Dick Pearce, Clare Hirst, Don Weller, Chris Tobin etc. He taught bass guitar for five years at Morley College in London and led jazz workshops at Kingsway and Camden institute. Dorian plays on four Andrea Vicari CD's which he co-produced and is currently working with Claude Deppa and Hazel O’Connor.
Back to all events
Classic Jazz & Meze | Andrea Vicary Trio
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email email@example.com
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email email@example.com to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance