Butcher’s Brew [Jazz]
Doors at 7pm
Performance 8-10pm (with interval)
View Seating Plan
‘Ray Butcher is a trumpeter and composer who has clocked up years of achievements’ Cross Rhythms
Ray Butcher is a jazz trumpeter who has performed with his own acts at jazz clubs such as the 606 Club, Ronnie Scotts, Matt and Phreds and many others.
He is influenced heavily by Wynton Marsalis, who he has performed with and many of the leading improvisers on the trumpet, past and present.
Having performed worldwide, and making his first musical TV appearance on BBC TV aged 15, he has also performed the trumpet solo on the song ‘God’s Great Dance Floor’, for the Grammy nominated singer Martin Smith and also the version by Chris Tomlin, for the album ‘Burning Lights’ which topped the US album charts for one week in Jan 2013. The album was nominated for a Grammy award.
He has worked with New Orleans great Dr John, Mica Paris, Robbie Williams and many commercial artists.
He returns to Peggy’s with some esteemed players- Wayne Matthews, a virtuoso bassist, Dave Anderson– drummer for ‘The South’ among other projects and pianist Mike Sole– a soulful, virtuosic improviser- with some original songs and many standards done in a hard swinging/funky style with room for each player to step into their element in the full.
Mike Sole– piano
Wayne Matthews– bass
Dave Anderson– drums
Ticket and Venue information:
- General Admission (main seating area) – You can request to be seated in ‘Billie’ (front of stage), ‘Dizzy’ (raked theatre), ‘Mingus’ (near piano) or ‘Duke’ (side wall) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats
- General Admission (Ella/Satchmo seating area) – you can request to be seated in ‘Ella’ (by the fireplace) or ‘Satchmo’ (by the windows). Please note, a few of these seats have a restricted view
- Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfil all customers requirements
- All seats are at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- If you are hoping to combine bookings or join an existing booking then please let us know in advance as we cannot guarantee that changes to our table plan will be possible on the night
- You can view a seating plan here
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
- Concessionary tickets are available for anyone under 26; over 65; receiving Universal Credit or in possession of a current NUS card
- If concessionary tickets are purchased alongside standard tickets, then you will all be seated together. Should your booking consist entirely of concessionary tickets then we will do our best to have you seated in your preferred section, but if the event fills up then seating priority will go to those who have purchased standard tickets