Saturday 25th May 2019
7:00pm - 12:00am
- Classic Jazz & Middle Eastern Meze Menu + DJs
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Middle Eastern Meze served until 9.30pm
- Doors open free to the public free at 10pm each night after the show
Fronted by leading UK tenor man Matt Telfer and Ronnie Scott's resident trumpeter Andy Davies, Blakey’s Boys perform popular arrangements from the legendary Jazz Messengers which led by drumming icon Art Blakey, was undoubtedly one of the most influential jazz combos with a career spanning 35 years.
Opening with songs from Blakey’s hit album Moanin’, the boys play arrangements of favourites such as Blues March, Moanin' and Are You Real. The band play with Blakey's trademark raw energy and deep swing whilst paying homage to composers Benny Golson, Lee Morgan, Bobby Timmonsand Wayne Shorter.
Between numbers, Ronnie Scott’s programmer, Paul Pace takes the stage to narrate the Art Blakey story and give a vivid picture of the various editions of the Messengers, their featured players along with personal recollections of their live performances.
The second set is a selection of the favourites from Blakey's career with the band storming in with tunes such as Ping Pong, Nica's Dream, Caravan and A Night in Tunisia to name a few.
Expect a night of hard swinging action that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Matt Telfer – Tenor Sax, Andy Davies - Trumpet, Chris Jerome – Piano, Bass – Miles Danso, Gabor Dornyei – Drums, Paul Pace – Narration/Vocals.Back to all events
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance