Ben Ward Big Band
Tuesday 17th December 2019
7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Doors 7pm
- Concert starts at 7:30pm
- Bar Food available
The Ben Ward Big Band is a professional jazz orchestra based in the Midlands. Led by jazz student Ben Ward, the band combines other talented students with leading professional players to create a unique, exciting sound. Formed in 2018, the band has received glowing reviews from audiences and promises to deliver an eclectic performance, playing the traditional big band repertoire as well as more modern tunes and jazz arrangements of popular and musical theatre songs. Visit www.bwbigband.co.uk to learn more!
Ben is currently a jazz student at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, studying under national jazz figures such as Iain Ballamy, Geoff Simkins and Alex Merritt. His short career so far has been vibrant including three years as lead alto saxophone of the Nottingham Youth Jazz Orchestra big band and 9-piece combo, and he is also a member of the Nottingham Jazz Orchestra big band. Ben regularly plays tenor and baritone saxophones on the Magic of Motown UK Tour and has performed at many functions and events nationwide. He is well-known on the local musical theatre scene, having played saxophone, clarinet, flute and keyboards in full-scale operatic productions such as 'Les Miserables', 'The Phantom of the Opera', 'Crazy for You' and 'West Side Story'. Ben spent summer 2019 studying jazz improvisation at New York University and big band playing with Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band in Los Angeles, allowing him a unique insight into the American contemporary jazz scene. Ben is delighted to have the privilege to play with such talented musicians and share his passion with so many like-minded people!Back to all events
Ticket(s) for this event are purchased off-site.
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance