Alex Curtis Quartet
Saturday 15th June 2019
7:00pm - 12:00am
Classic Jazz & Middle Eastern Meze
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Performance 8 till 10pm
- Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
- Doors open to the public free of charge at 10pm
“One of the most exciting ensembles on the current UK jazz scene”
featuring Alex Curtis on piano/keyboards, George Crowley on Tenor Sax, Marc Michel on drums and Dave O’Brien on bass.'
‘Curtis is a highly accomplished pianist, composer and arranger" Late Junction Radio 3
Since forming in 2016, the group has been making waves on the UK jazz scene and the highly enthusiastic audience reactions to their concerts are testimony to how well they work together in this setting. Drawing on a whole range of influences, the band demonstrates outstanding musicianship and very strong collective writing skills. In addition to their individual instrumental strengths, all band members are all established composers in their own right. This combination creates an ideal unit with great creative potential and allows for plenty of stylistic diversity as well as a broad range of original repertoire. 2019 has been a busy and exciting year for this band and their debut album “Patterns, Habits and Changes,” is due to be released in the autumn.
Expect highly original arrangements/ compositions, heavy grooves and plenty of exciting group interaction.
Alex Curtis Quartet
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance